StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Random musings of a Virgin(wanna be)Trader<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 >>Post Follow-up
VirginTrader
73 posts
msg #154264
Ignore VirginTrader
modified
10/10/2020 1:42:24 PM

Trump has C19; market drops for a day and then zoom! WTH?

Elections in 3 weeks or so...SPY 357 high serves as a ceiling before the results?

With POTUS having C19...no debate, no publicity whatsoever. Would this help or hinder his re-election chances? Polls says he is behind.

Assuming Big Money controls the world (as some story lines may suggest), who is it betting on?

Fundamentals? What is that? This pig has been liquored up! No sense asking that question.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #154267
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/10/2020 1:57:39 PM

Well Welcome to SF.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #154268
Ignore shillllihs
10/10/2020 2:51:26 PM

Both the 2 parties are controlled by the same entity. There is no voting it’s predetermined 10 years ago.
The market proves it all the time. For instance timing of news stories with key indicator changes. Just remember if they didn’t want you to know something they wouldn’t tell you. If T had the C, he could have just laid low for a week. It’s all bs, and made to divide and conquer you. The less you focus on the top tier the easier it is to control you. Just look at any finance message board. There are paid disrupters there to throw you off your game, but all you have to do is follow your indicators. It’s like when I was playing poker professionally, I played with a group of about 500 people, my specialty was single table, I was a top 12 player who would win or finish in the money 50% of the time but there were these 2 guys that were always yapping and really good and try to throw me off my game, so basically shut out all the noise and become a plant and follow your indicators.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #154274
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/10/2020 10:07:03 PM

@shillllihs
"shut out all the noise and become a plant and follow your indicators."
I like that 110%

VirginTrader
73 posts
msg #154278
Ignore VirginTrader
10/10/2020 11:38:04 PM

@Mac, thank you. Fan of your work.

@shills
T may not have C19; could be a ploy. If he gets criticized, then it will be used against the critics. When he comes back "healthy" and more "understanding" about it, bonus points to sell. I just find politics interesting. Yes, all of this is noise for sure and like you kinda said....stick to your playbook.

Who wins in November? How does big money wanna whiplash us? T loses and a correction only to be bought back up or correction before the results and breaks to a new high? Who knows? Big money sure benefitted from T's 1st stint!i

I can not control the market...but I can control how I play the market. No one else to blame.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #154279
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/10/2020 11:42:59 PM

Well Thank you VirginTrader.

roca1018
163 posts
msg #154281
Ignore roca1018
10/11/2020 8:05:54 AM

Virgin Trader

Pause for a moment and step back and use your rational mind. Trump depends on big rallies and
at this stage of the election he desperately wants these events regardless of whether he puts
others at risk. He is an empty vessel that needs to be filled constantly to ward off the sting of
ongoing narcissistic wounds.

Rich

VirginTrader
73 posts
msg #154284
Ignore VirginTrader
10/11/2020 12:02:06 PM

@roco

I get what you are saying.

Nothing prevents him from going on the road in a few weeks after he has "recovered". Just no more ahem debates and the possibility of Biden earning points. Big money didn't care; retail got shaken for a day and got bought out. Had the ratings of the debate been in T's favour...would this scenario have unfolded?

IMHO, sometimes in certain situations, "logic" just does not compute properly no matter how "facts" (i.e. poll results 4 yrs ago suggesting he wouldn't win) line up with the outcome. We forget...polls are just what they are..statistical probabilities.

Most logical person expect (logic and reason) POTUS should be ahem..."presidential" or that no way in Antartica should a bombastic candidate even make it that far right? Wonder what is the over/under this year?

You are just going to end up batsh1t crazy trying to force a round peg in a square hole. Can't say it hasn't been entertaining tho.

OSTK $83.23
QQQs $285.71

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #154291
Ignore graftonian
10/12/2020 9:06:47 AM

In 1964, My first Presidential election, I voted for Barry Goldwater. My friends told me I was crazy; we would have rioting in the streets and a war in Viet Nam. And they were correct. Go figure.
Graf

VirginTrader
73 posts
msg #154292
Ignore VirginTrader
10/12/2020 11:10:25 AM

@graf
By the sounds of it (my pops wasn't a whale yet...so i wasn't even a sardine at that time! ;=P), Goldwater was the "better" man vs Johnson! His views sounds like it was ahead of the times.

Fun things to ponder (wonder) didn't write the source down:
- SP500 performance 3 months before the votes are cast apparently (100% accuracy since 1984) points to the incumbent winning if it is positive. 3mo SPY right now@ 10% (unless we dump in the next few weeks)
- If recession was avoided 2 years before the election, 100% re-elected. This is tricky...C19 recession?

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Random musings of a Virgin(wanna be)Trader<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.