StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #150269
Ignore sandjco
1/11/2020 5:16:06 PM

I think this is the updated version of the short filter KSK8 is using.
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Stock-Picks/KSK8-Questions-on-The-Most-Profitable-Thread-on-Stockfetcher/147040/90
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Stock-Picks/The-Most-Profitable-Thread-on-Stockfetcher/146856/99999

Fetcher[
/* ksk8's best one yet */

/* standard stuff */
market is not ETF
market is not OTCBB
volume > 1000000

/* 2 large moves up is ususally followed by a red candle as a result of profit takers, short sellers, and panic */
/* calculation for 2 large moves up */
set{x1, max(open, close)}
set{x2, min(open, close)}
set{x3, x1 - x2}
set{x4, CEMA(x3 , 20 ) * 2}
x3 1 day ago > x4 1 day ago
x3 > x4
close 1 day ago above open 1 day ago
close > open

/* price failed to make a higher high intraday */
close is 10% below high

/* volatility can lead to panic selling */
average day range(10) is above 10 percent

/* price has reached an exhaustive criteria */
rsi(2) > 98

/* oscillator criteria to establish momentum hasn't died yet */
Slow Stochastics Fast %K(10) above Slow Stochastics Slow %D(10)

]

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150290
Ignore sandjco
1/13/2020 9:06:56 AM

Jan 10th market update:
- Iran seems to admit shooting the Ukrainian plane down.
- 4 wounded during the weekend on an attack vs US
https://news.yahoo.com/four-wounded-attack-iraqi-military-200200921.html
- Trump impeachment drama continues

The market? has climbed a wall of worry since Nov 2019!

Possible plays (hit list):

Your mileage may vary.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #150291
Ignore KSK8
modified
1/13/2020 9:30:31 AM

Hey sandjco, sorry I missed your question, but to answer it; I'll probably be making a post today or tomorrow that displays most of the newer filters I currently trade with.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150297
Ignore sandjco
1/13/2020 3:12:24 PM

Thank you KSK8; no apologies necessary as I understand. I, for one, knows it is challenging to be able to post and keep up! Hence, I marvel at how organized some of you are!!

As I cannot post when the trades happen...please take everything with a grain of salt (as I assume the audience will).

Quick recaps from last weeks trade before my flight boards....
APPN have been up from the $40s to the $49s today; the Feb 45C are up more than 150%
TWLO have been up from the $100s to $120s today; the Jan 106C are up more than 200%
BYND Feb 105C has just been stupid crazy...up more than 500% so far; wonder if this can go 1000%?
ROKU Feb 135C is up only 40%...so I may double up on this puppy
TLT Jan 138C was a disaster; bailed at -50%
SPY Jan 320P was a disaster; bailed at -50% (position taken on emotion not on technicals)
Out of AYX and PLUG for over 150%
Bailed on AVGO for a quickie 1 day 40% as it didn't seem to want to move beyond 1% today

I know the above may not be the "norm"....AND I am NOT an options guy...was just curious to try it. I've been buying 100 shares of the ticker plus 10% of the approx. transaction value in call contracts of the ATM options 1 month out usually (I usually scale in or out - no mechanical formula behind it as I haven't figured out my logic). Once it moves to my favor, I sell the shares + half the options and let the other half ride for another week or so.

How do you guys do fancy bold and font colors and upload video? lol...

Don't know if I am gonna get filled on ULTA
Tried shorting today using TD...they suck!

May all your fills be profitable (or something like that...TRO!)

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150327
Ignore sandjco
1/14/2020 4:19:27 PM

BYND closed for my first 1,000% option gain.

TWLO and APPN close for more than 200% gain

ROKU for a quickie 40%

100% cash as no fills from yesterday sans a token position on ROKU Feb 21 220 using EOD $0.32 that I plan to see thru at least till 1 week before expiration....

Me thinking too much maybe given the market has had such a great streak...why am I thinking it is about to tip? Maybe because pretty girls aren't showing up as much? Shouldn't I let the market action dictate when to go short instead of "thinking"...?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150431
Ignore sandjco
1/21/2020 9:18:33 AM

Earnings season about to begin...Impeachment trial about to begin...SPY continues to defy skeptics..

Testing my patience...to double or not...

NFLX first up to bat...

KSK8
561 posts
msg #150432
Ignore KSK8
1/21/2020 9:27:14 AM

Not sure if you caught it but hope this answers your question;

All the recent systems and filters I've been using

Samhill
5 posts
msg #150454
Ignore Samhill
1/22/2020 9:52:35 AM

Hey sandjco,

Newbie here for about two months, taking it all in and trying to learn from ALL you folks. Question, the filter you posted is for ETF's but many of your picks are individual stocks. Are you using other "go to" filters?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150465
Ignore sandjco
1/22/2020 2:13:56 PM

@KSK8...Thank you kindly for responding. I did miss that important post!

@samhill...welcome and thank you for asking.

RE: filter is for ETFs
You can easily change the line that says "market is ETF" to whatever you want it to be (e.g. a list of your favorite stocks for example). For example, you can just change it to SP500 and it will only pick those stocks in the basket.

As per my disclosure, I haven't really "figured" out what works for me consistently. Therefore, I am experimenting with different scripts and "trading" styles along the way and I am always trying to learn from the feedback I get from all the kind posters here. I know I cannot trade like them; I know I have to find my own way. I also do not have a robust back testing system to test my ideas.

Because of the above, I haven't reached a purely simple "mechanical" style wherein I could post "buy or sell at open" and then close at "x". Given I travel a lot, it is challenging to post on a timely and comfortable manner (phone vs PC/Mac). So, I try to do it EOD and if able to, share a live trade. If I cannot share a live trade, I don't count it as the last thing I want is for the results to be misunderstood even though I am really posting for my own journey.

The script posted is my fave basic script visually as it incorporates 2 indicators that I like - Guppies (Mactheriverat is a big fan of this) and RSI2 (TRO is a fan of this). Hope the above helps.

One of my biggest challenges right now is sticking with the plan (because I really don't have a concrete plan yet?)…

Tried playing KSK8s' and Village Elders' system by buying puts on NVAX Feb 7 for $1 but barely moves even though shorting the stock had bigger gains. Guess it was the "premium" paid on the option.

Played TSLA/BYND calls for momentum but didn't post; so don't count.

Filled on HSY Feb 150C for $5

Samhill
5 posts
msg #150471
Ignore Samhill
1/23/2020 9:47:26 AM

Thanks for the response. I'm retired and have the time and money but don't really want to sit in front of a computer all day. Took control of my account in Dec 2019 at a 10% loss and I've been in control of it ever since, using a few other platforms but really want to tweak my own screeners. I'm doing okay with my picks but have not matched the S&P so I really appreciate the information posted by all the veteran's here. I'd prefer short-term swing trades I'd define as 3 days to 3 weeks, still working on that and have NO experience with Options, so following your posts have been beneficial in that respect. Thanks again.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.