StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · builing filter around a small number of stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
push5280
197 posts
msg #153669
Ignore push5280
8/20/2020 7:00:10 PM

For instance, is there a way to use the market cap for Apple and Facebook and build a filter around that?
I'm not finding a way in the documentation and can't think of a work around. Any ideas?

xarlor
561 posts
msg #153673
Ignore xarlor
8/20/2020 9:41:01 PM

Here is a simple market cap filter. Not sure what you're asking for specifically.

Fetcher[
set{market_cap, shares outstanding * close}
market_cap > 1000
add column market_cap
sort column 5 descending
]

push5280
197 posts
msg #153682
Ignore push5280
8/21/2020 5:33:09 PM

xarlor, Thanks for your reply and yes, I guess I should have been more detailed. What I'm looking to do is create an indicator that is the composition of the market cap weighting of the FAANG stocks. Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Google(Alphabet). Maybe include Tesla too. What I'm thinking is at some point there is going to be a rug pull and the house of cards is going to come crashing down. By using the FAANG stocks there should be some sort of precursor move which should alert to start looking at a short move. I'm thinking that just as the S&P 500 is weighted if I could create an indicator where the value of the indicator is based on the market cap weighting of the FAANG stocks it may provide a window into where the overall market is headed. I know I can do it in EXCEL but since I'm here and pay for Stockfetcher I was hoping others could help me figure out if it is at all possible in SF. My thought is that I would need the market cap of each of the FAANG stocks, weight them, add them together to create a custom indicator or value then use that and moving averages or some other custom version of an existing indicator. Just a thought and looking for ideas

miketranz
956 posts
msg #153683
Ignore miketranz
8/21/2020 5:59:52 PM

Fetcher[add columnset{bla, high 10 day high - low 10 day low}
set{blb, bla * .25}
set{bl, low 10 day low + blb}

set{bra, bl - close}
set{brb, bra / blb}
set{br, 10 * brb}

set{taa, ma(10) * 2}
set{tab, taa - close}
set{tac, ma(10) / tab }
set{tad, tac + 1}
set{tai, br * tad}

set{pointb1, bla * .125}
set{pointb, bl + pointb1}

set{pointc, low 10 day low + pointb1}

draw ma(20)
draw ema(9)
draw ma(50)
draw bl on plot price

separator
add column tai
add column bl
add column separator
set{gr, count(tai above 10,1)}
set{ta, count(tai between -5 and 10,1)}
set{wait, count(tai between -10 and -4.9,1)}
set{bad_idea, count(tai below -10,1)}
set{alpha_start, count(tai below -50,1)}
set{alpha_end, count(tai crossed above -30,1)}

add column gr{get_ready}
add column ta{take_action}
add column wait
add column bad_idea
add column separator
add column alpha_start
add column alpha_end
add column separator

draw tai line at -50
draw tai line at -10
draw tai line at -5
draw tai line at -31

draw alpha_start
draw alpha_end
draw Slow Stochastics Fast %K(5,5)
draw Slow Stochastics Fast %K(12,3,3)

chart-length is 6 months

symlist(qqq)
]

Tech heavy index/go short when price breaks below the yellow line.Keep it simple...

xarlor
561 posts
msg #153693
Ignore xarlor
modified
8/21/2020 9:50:19 PM

Ah, okay that makes more sense. Maybe something along these lines?

Exit the market when the Weighted FAANGT market cap RSI(14) crosses below 50. Reenter the market when it crosses back above 60.

Fetcher[
/*
Exit the market when the Weighted FAANGT market cap RSI(14) crosses below 50.
Reenter the market when it crosses back above 60.
*/

symlist(SPY,QQQ)

set{soFB,ind(FB,shares outstanding)}
set{clFB,ind(FB,close)}
set{mcFB,soFB * clFB}

set{soAAPL,ind(AAPL,shares outstanding)}
set{clAAPL,ind(AAPL,close)}
set{mcAAPL,soAAPL * clAAPL}

set{soAMZN,ind(AMZN,shares outstanding)}
set{clAMZN,ind(AMZN,close)}
set{mcAMZN,soAMZN * clAMZN}

set{soNFLX,ind(NFLX,shares outstanding)}
set{clNFLX,ind(NFLX,close)}
set{mcNFLX,soNFLX * clNFLX}

set{soGOOG,ind(GOOG,shares outstanding)}
set{clGOOG,ind(GOOG,close)}
set{mcGOOG,soGOOG * clGOOG}

set{soTSLA,ind(TSLA,shares outstanding)}
set{clTSLA,ind(TSLA,close)}
set{mcTSLA,soTSLA * clTSLA}

set{market_cap, shares outstanding * close}

set{wmc1,mcfb + mcaapl}
set{wmc2,wmc1 + mcamzn}
set{wmc3,wmc2 + mcNFLX}
set{wmc4,wmc3 + mcGOOG}
set{wmc5,wmc4 + mcTSLA}
set{wmc,wmc5 / 6}

set{wmcRSI,CRSI(wmc, 14)}
draw wmcRSI line at 50
draw wmcRSI line at 60

add column mcFB {FB Market Cap}
add column mcAAPL {AAPL Market Cap}
add column mcAMZN {AMZN Market Cap}
add column mcNFLX {NFLX Market Cap}
add column mcGOOG {GOOG Market Cap}
add column mcTSLA {TSLA Market Cap}

add column wmc {Weighted FAANGT Market Cap}
chart-time 1 year
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #153700
Ignore nibor100
8/22/2020 3:52:20 PM

Sorry, I didn't post this earlier, but SF has a built in fundamental indicator "Market Cap" which is useful as long as you only need the most recent Market Cap value for any stock SF covers.

Ed S.

push5280
197 posts
msg #153712
Ignore push5280
8/24/2020 8:26:54 AM

Thank you all (miketranz, xarlor, nibor) for your help with this filter. The IND command was the thing I was looking for. I haven't had a lot of time to parse the filters, we had a death in the family this weekend. I'll be out of town for a week or so traveling for the funeral so I'll have plenty of time in airports to dive into these and tweak them. I really do appreciate you guys jumping in to help, it's the thing I like most about Stockfetcher!
Coincidentally, Zero Hedge ran an article yesterday addressing the influence of the FAANG stocks on the market and reinforces my thinking behind this scan. It is in my opinion required reading. The link follows. Thanks again for your help !!
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/horrendous-market-breadth-stinks-high-heaven-screams-imminent-risk

push5280
197 posts
msg #153903
Ignore push5280
9/3/2020 7:03:30 PM

I don't think this is the bubble popping just yet, just a bit of a correction / pull back. But based on today's action, when the rug pull does happen it's going to be fast and furious

JALLEN19
1 posts
msg #153968
Ignore JALLEN19
9/7/2020 11:05:57 PM

is there a list to check a small group of stocks for engulfing and bollinger band squeeze and gaps

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · builing filter around a small number of stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.