StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly and Daily MACD combined please ?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
mystockid
15 posts
msg #154550
Ignore mystockid
11/4/2020 6:39:36 PM

Could someone tell me how should I read these lines of codes on a chart? I don't know what the boxes of columns mean

draw WDMAC_up
set{DMAC_22, count (Daily_MACD > Daily_MACD 22 day low,1)}
draw DMAC_22
set{c_13, count (close > EMA(13),1)}
draw c_13

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #154557
Ignore nibor100
11/5/2020 1:19:42 PM

@mystockid,

In a nutshell, those colored boxes in a column indicate that on that date the conditions for that variable were true.

Each row of boxes is a specific named variable, such as C_13, DMAC_22, etc.

In the code below, the SF count function is basically being used as a True/False toggle, in that each set line with a Count function is counting how many times its true for 1 day. It returns a 1 if its true for that day and a 0 if its not true for that day. The 1s show up as colored boxes on the chart and the 0s as blank spaces.

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

draw WDMAC_up
set{DMAC_22, count (Daily_MACD > Daily_MACD 22 day low,1)}
draw DMAC_22
set{c_13, count (close > EMA(13),1)}
draw c_13

mystockid
15 posts
msg #154869
Ignore mystockid
12/10/2020 12:51:55 AM

@nibor100
Thank you!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly and Daily MACD combined please ?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.