StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Spike<< >>Post Follow-up
Hezhastock
2 posts
msg #147028
Ignore Hezhastock
3/20/2019 5:50:32 PM

What type of indicators to use - I need to catch those spikes. Will pay for anyone to create a indicator to catch stocks before they spike. Thanks

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #147034
Ignore johnpaulca
3/21/2019 9:06:39 AM

wouldn't we all.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #147043
Ignore karennma
3/22/2019 9:08:17 AM

@ Hezha,
So many new people come on here offering to "pay" someone for a "secret" filter.
Don't be ridiculous. This is all public information.
All you have to do is search the archives and everything you want to know is there.
You can type "spike", "volume spike" or "price spike" in the search bar.

Please keep in mind, that on Stockfetcher, you are looking at historical data (on a 20 minute delay at the least).
In other words, the "spike" has already occurred -- and you're late.
As the saying goes, "buy the rumor, sell the news" ... otherwise, you're late. Period.
If you want anticipated spikes BEFORE they become massive, you must scan in real-time (and oft-times, be ready to sell before the sheep jump in & fall off the cliff).

Also, I don't mean to sound harsh, but you have to keep in mind, that peeps who've been doing this a long time, KNOW how to find those spikes, have the filters to find them, but they're not going give you their proprietary filters.
And if they're making money, YOU can't "pay" them ....
If I could runa a filter every day, that made money 100% of the time, you'd have to pay me at least $100K for it.

So, ... you need to put in the time, do your research and go thru the archives.

If I sounded harsh, my apologies. That was not my intention.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #147044
Ignore nibor100
3/22/2019 9:57:37 AM

I'm not quite following the logic of traders who have filters that can anticipate a spike upward in a stock not wanting others to have those filters as it seems to me that the more traders that jump in on those spike trades would drive the spikes even higher for even greater gains???

Thanks,
Ed S.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #147045
Ignore karennma
3/22/2019 10:23:19 AM

@ Hezha,
WHY you need RT ...
Please look at AAPL .. and it's only !0:20 AM.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #147047
Ignore karennma
3/22/2019 11:13:31 AM

nibor100
282 posts
msg #147044
- Ignore nibor100 3/22/2019 9:57:37 AM

I'm not quite following the logic of traders who have filters that can anticipate a spike upward in a stock not wanting others to have those filters as it seems to me that the more traders that jump in on those spike trades would drive the spikes even higher for even greater gains???
Thanks,
Ed S.
===============================

Nope. Frequently, it's just the opposite.
Small time traders will buy that spike, thinking it will go higher ... (DUMB psychology = "beer money").
NOW look at it.
SMH ...
Small-time traders don't move markets.
People on this board don't move markets.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #147048
Ignore karennma
3/22/2019 11:20:16 AM

@ nibor100,
That reminds me ...
Many years ago, I worked with a woman who day traded.
It was obvious she was well-off ... she just had that "look".
Anyway, someone in the office introduced us because we had "trading" in common.
Of course, from the looks of her car & her clothes, I wanted to know what she was doing.
After a few weeks of chatting, she said to me, Quote: "I MOVE MARKETS when I trade."

She was trading PENNY STOCKS.
ROFL!
SMH ...

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #147051
Ignore graftonian
3/22/2019 7:28:21 PM

I got a crystal ball I'll sell you. A little scratched, but it runs good.

marine2
963 posts
msg #147053
Ignore marine2
3/23/2019 2:27:01 PM

That’s what day trading is all about finding a filter to catch the spike then sell thereafter within that day. Lots of day trading filters have been written in here and in books, etc. This person needs to research what’s been created, use one of them or tweek it a little bit to get them in the game of catching the pop upward. Research, research, research, test, test, test. Then let us know how successful you are. We love positive stories.

Hezhastock
2 posts
msg #147776
Ignore Hezhastock
5/11/2019 7:32:37 AM

Thanks guys!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Spike<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.