StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a multiplication function in stockfetcher?<< >>Post Follow-up
kenlsk
5 posts
msg #150070
Ignore kenlsk
modified
1/2/2020 11:19:53 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to make the following function a negative value:
relative strength(^IXIC,45)

Is there a multiplication function in stockfetcher?

Thanks.

Regards,
Kiem

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #150073
Ignore nibor100
1/2/2020 12:28:40 PM

You can use "multiplied by" in an add column statement or a general statement and the simple asterix symbol inside a Set statement.

Ed S.

Village Elder
231 posts
msg #150078
Ignore Village Elder
1/2/2020 4:06:31 PM

Just use this:
Fetcher[
set{inverse, close * -1}
add column close
add column inverse
]

Multiply by (-1) within the set{} statement as suggested.

kenlsk
5 posts
msg #150085
Ignore kenlsk
1/3/2020 9:07:31 AM

Thanks nibor100 and Village Elder.
The asterix symbol works.

Regards,
Kiem

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #150089
Ignore nibor100
1/3/2020 11:23:38 AM

@kenisk,

I assumed you were asking for the multiplier term because you were in fact going to multiply by -1 so I only gave you a list of multiplier options as SF handles these differently based on whether or not they are phrases, (which apparently is the preferred SF syntax)

In the example filter below, each pair of lines illustrates 1st what SF returns if mathematical symbols are used and 2nd what SF returns if equivalent math like phrases are used.

As a bonus example, the last pair shows how a simple add column command can actually filter the results by itself

While I have not tested it yet I'm hoping that it might help reduce the filter complexity issues that we occasionally run into with multiple nested Set statements.

I've not tested any of the other math symbols yet versus replacement math phrases. If anyone else can shed some light on those please do.

Thanks,
Ed S.

Fetcher[
set{inverse, close * -1}

add column close * -1
add column close multiplied by -1

add column inverse * -1
add column inverse multiplied by -1

add column -2 * close > -5
add column close multiplied by -2 is greater than -15

sort by column 9 ascending
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a multiplication function in stockfetcher?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.