StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interesting new site I stumbled upon .<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #137230
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
8/1/2017 1:31:55 AM

Its called Charting Wealth Blog.
He shows the use the use of Heiken Ashi on 4 hour , 2 day and weekly in showing trends. He shows how the 4 hour , 2 day and weekly time frame's work with each other in giving insight to where the trend is going.

I stumbled upon over the weekend and have been learning his way. He give's a daily updates of market which show what he's talking about. Open up one of his daily video updates and down the page he will show you how you can use he's setup via freestockcharts and be save as a new layout with a white background. Yes White background as I have never liked freestockchart black bround free version. Guess that's what one gets for free.

He also has a Youtube of about 25 training video's ( under play lists) along with daily update video's , others video's too.
Charting Wealth Blog Youtube site.

You can sign up free for his service. To me this by far the best on getting in on or out of trends as they change that I have found.

Mactheriverrat
John Esser

Like his Charting Wealth Blog says:
"Study the past if you would divine the future." | Confucius

Charting Wealth Blog Facebook page.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #137246
Ignore graftonian
8/1/2017 11:19:41 AM

John, i'll check it out. Make room Daryl Guppy.
Chachi

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #137255
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/1/2017 1:15:23 PM

So far I find his method very interesting.

I'm still playing with some filters that can correlate as to when a trend shows up and I can check it via Charting wealths style.
Been messing with day 1 of EMA(9) above EMA(9) one day ago.
-----
/* AxA is number of consecutive days EMA(9) above (+)/below(-) previous EMA(9) */
set{AAb,days( EMA(9) is above EMA(9) 1 day ago,250)}
set{AAa,days( EMA(9) is below EMA(9) 1 day ago,250)}
set{AxA, AAa - AAb} and add column AxA {A_x_A}
do not Draw AxA

Set{cnt9,count( eMA(9) > eMA(9) 1day ago,1)}
draw cnt9

Set{cnt9b,count( eMA(9)< EMA(9) 1day ago,1)}

draw cnt9b

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #137296
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/2/2017 2:17:52 PM

Paper trading this guy's theory
Weekly indicators up, 2 day derivative oscillator crossover yesterday , 4 hour up trending
Testing PBF

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #137298
Ignore graftonian
8/2/2017 5:02:23 PM

John, What platform are you using? I cannot find any of his indicators or time frames.
Using SF, and MACD and ADX, looks like it may be a bit early for PBF.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #137299
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
8/2/2017 7:42:24 PM

On the bottom of one of his daily video market updated there is a lot of info and also a freestockchart.com email link that you must hit and it should open freestockcharts and the setup using Heikin Ashi ( which is market candles on steroids) he is using. Now if you not signed for freestockcharts you may have to sign up for free to save his layout.

Charting Wealths Freestockcharts layout set up.

8/2/2017 Charting wealth end of day market update and watch for tomorrow 8/3/2017.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #137300
Ignore graftonian
8/2/2017 7:56:56 PM

I have signed on and am feeling my way about. Wish I had the indicators and time frames that he uses, so that I could experiment using SF and Scottrade Elite. I wrote the following code, trying to get a handle on athe system.

Fetcher[
/*CHARTING WEALTH FILTER*/
SYMLIST(UPRO, TQQQ, NUGT, UCO, UGAZ, MORL)
DRAW WEEKLY MACD(12,26,9)
/*derivitive oscillator*/
set{r1, cema(rsi(14),5)}
SET{R2, CEMA(R1, 5)}
SET{SIGNAL, CMA(R2, 14)}
SET{DERIV_OSC, R2 - SIGNAL}
DRAW MACD (12,26,9)
DRAW DERIV_OSC AND DRAW DERIV_OSC LINE AT 0
]

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #137301
Ignore pthomas215
8/2/2017 8:19:31 PM

Graf, you are really good with this stuff brother. Thank you. thank you both.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #137302
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/2/2017 8:43:43 PM

I'm still messing with code .

As macd daily or weekly isn't acting the same as the ppo on freestockcharts

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #137308
Ignore graftonian
8/3/2017 12:21:06 AM

John, maybe changing the MACD parameters to (10,24,8) might make the comparison a little closer. Anyone got a better idea on how to code the Derivative Oscillator in SF, and the parameters tp use?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interesting new site I stumbled upon .<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.