StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter out prior day results<< >>Post Follow-up
mrstocky
2 posts
msg #149412
Ignore mrstocky
10/25/2019 4:11:32 AM

Could I please ask if there is a filter tool/phrase that provides results of only new filtered results that was not in prior day's filtered results?

E.g

yesterday the filter results were FB, MSFT
today's filter results are FB, MSFT, AMZN

Can I use a phrase to exclude FB & MSFT from today's filtered results and just give the new name that has appeared ie. AMZN?

You can imagine if the filtered results return many names everyday.

xarlor
562 posts
msg #149416
Ignore xarlor
modified
10/25/2019 10:43:35 AM

My solution would be to use count for past 2 days and only return the results where the condition happened once. This will exclude any results that happen 2 days in a row.

Example without count.
AAPL condition triggered yesterday and today
MSFT condition only triggered today

Fetcher[
symlist(MSFT,AAPL)
ma(3) > ma(7)
]

Example with count:
Only show results that triggered today but not yesterday.

Fetcher[
symlist(MSFT,AAPL)
ma(3) > ma(7)
set{var1,count(ma(3) > ma(7),2)}
var1 between 0 and 2
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149418
Ignore nibor100
10/25/2019 2:11:03 PM

Here's an alternative to consider without a set statement for those with the basic subscriptions and longer filters.
:
Ed S.

Fetcher[
symlist(msft,aapl)
ma(3) 1 day ago is less than or equal to ma(7) 1 day ago
ma(3) > ma(7)

/* for debugging add column ma(3) 1 day ago
add column ma(7) 1 day ago
add column ma(3)
add column ma(7)*/
]

mrstocky
2 posts
msg #149458
Ignore mrstocky
10/28/2019 9:37:35 AM

Thanks. I will try out the suggestions!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter out prior day results<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.