StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Started as a rotation filter -- enjoy<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #154669
Ignore nibor100
11/19/2020 9:42:54 AM

I was curious about the results anomaly you guys have been seeing and this morning at 9:25, when I ran the original filter and my 2 day back filter version, SF was not returning any stocks for the past 5 days.

When I ran them 2 minutes later both versions were returning results for the latest 4 of those 5 days.

So there does seem to be some kind of SF issue in the running of those 2 filters.

Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #154670
Ignore Cheese
11/19/2020 10:46:37 AM

Thank you, Ed

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #154678
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
11/19/2020 3:08:07 PM

Hi, Ed. I'm not sure. I wonder if running the filter intraday is the difference. It seems after the market closes and the prices are settled for the day, when I re-run the filter I get the expected symbols for historical runs. At least, this is my cursory observation. When intraday scans are run, maybe that affects historical runs intraday, too. Not 100% sure.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #154857
Ignore fotchstecker
12/8/2020 9:41:43 PM

I have a couple of notes to add for use:

When short/inverse tickers are thrown, I don't usually trade those but I do consider them information.

You will tend to see metals and energies get returned in groups, too. More information.

I will use this filter for going long on other bull/long tickers, but not the inverse or bonds.

I have a new version of this filter that includes a selector column.

Thanks all.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #154858
Ignore Cheese
12/8/2020 10:31:47 PM

@ fotchstecker,
Thank you for the tips.
Please kindly post your new improved version when you have time.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Started as a rotation filter -- enjoy<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.