StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Which Way is the Market Going to Go? Squeeze<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152683
Ignore karennma
6/19/2020 8:48:17 AM

ROFLMAO!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152684
Ignore karennma
6/19/2020 8:49:42 AM

ROFLMAO!

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152685
Ignore Cheese
6/19/2020 11:06:50 AM

karennma,

Thanks for those two links.

President Trump harasses the Fed, and the Fed props up the market.
The market depends so much on President Trump,
and President Trump does not look healthy compared to 2016.

Q2 earnings wiil soon be upon us. Some of us can't imagine the make-up of Q2 earnings.

Safety of capital has to be No. 1

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152688
Ignore karennma
6/19/2020 1:59:16 PM

Cheese
690 posts
msg #152685
- Ignore Cheese 6/19/2020 11:06:50 AM
karennma,
Safety of capital has to be No. 1
=================================

BINGO!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152693
Ignore karennma
6/21/2020 8:53:49 AM

@ Cheese,
Watching the President's speech last nite, I felt badly when he said, "I told you NOT to sell your stocks" .
Sigh ...
I already know - I can withstand going thru Jan - March 2020 again, only if I'm sitting on the sidelines.
What feels worse than missing a continuing bull market?
Being a bagholder in one that's reversed.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152696
Ignore Cheese
6/21/2020 2:00:17 PM

karennma 6/21/2020 8:53:49 AM
@ Cheese,
Watching the President's speech last nite, I felt badly when he said, "I told you NOT to sell your stocks" .
Sigh ...
I already know - I can withstand going thru Jan - March 2020 again, only if I'm sitting on the sidelines.
What feels worse than missing a continuing bull market?
Being a bagholder in one that's reversed.
================================================================================

@karennma,

Here's what I've been learning lately as a newbie in trading

1. A very good trader gives this excellent advice:
POSITION SIZING IS THE ONLY EFFECTIVE RISK MANAGEMENT

2. Many traders seem to allocate more time and money to the short-term in this high volatility climate,
This includes more attention to short-term view, short-term analysis, short-term trading, etc

A good forum for short-term trading may be
http://bbs.cobrasmarketview.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=dd67d4043adde1da67cb139efb5d33a9

SlopeOfHope is also good. Slopers discuss anything and everything
One smart Sloper is Strawberry Blonde, Her own blog is here
https://www.strawberryblondesmarketsummary.com/

Wolfe Richter gives this short-term insight and warning about the Fed
https://wolfstreet.com/2020/06/19/i-who-hates-shorting-just-shorted-the-entire-stock-market-heres-why/

3. Some traders are telling others to watch $TNX. When $TNX goes up, institutions may sell $TNX
to buy equities.

Before Jun 17, 2020 FOMC, the Fed bought bond ETFs. Now the Fed buy corporate bonds directly.
Reading between the line, this probably means bond ETFs don't find corporate bonds attractive
enough same low yield and higher risks.

If direct bond buying is not enough, then the Fed will buy stocks.

in summary, we have to closely watch President Trump and Chair Powell

Good luck to all

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152697
Ignore Cheese
6/21/2020 2:06:05 PM

@karennma,

I uinderstand
POSITION SIZING IS THE ONLY EFFECTIVE RISK MANAGEMENT
to mean
TRADE SMALL, WIN SMALL

An excellent real-life retired investment manager that I've been following for years is
Joanne Klein. Her approach is simple and well thought out. She has been voted No.1
by people who paid StockCharts memberships to vote for her every day:

https://stockcharts.com/public/1107832

Happy trading

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152718
Ignore karennma
6/22/2020 10:33:19 PM

Re: Joanne Klein
"Above the Green Line - Jun 22, 2020 Buy high, and Sell Higher ..."
======================================
Me: Nope. NOT gonna do that.

Joanne Klein: "The 11th year Bull Market (longest in history) might be over. We would like to warn you: When Markets have narrow Leadership like now, either take quick gains from Money Wave Pops, or STAY IN CASH & WAIT for a larger correction (down to the Green Lines)."
==============================================
Yep. I can do that.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152719
Ignore Cheese
6/22/2020 11:09:01 PM

Thanks, karennma
In the past, sometimes you used real estate as a gauge for equities.
Any thoughts this time?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152726
Ignore karennma
6/23/2020 9:30:17 AM

I haven't been following nationwide RE trends because where I live, homes have gone up exponentially (regentrification) in the last 12 years and continue to get more outrageously priced.
For example, I looked up the house behind mine which is now vacant. (The people moved out about a month ago.)
Anyway, the house is vacant, so I looked up the info on it ...
I remember when the guy bought the house 3 years ago. He converted it to a duplex.
One family lived in the basement and another family lived upstairs.
The RENT was $3600/mo. per unit! Helloooo?
I almost fell off my chair.
$$$$$$$$$$
I also looked up the house 2 doors up from me. That family moved in last summer.
I was shocked when I saw that they bought the house for almost $180K less than the appraised value.
The woman who lived there was an airhead, so I'm not surprised.
That house had also been converted to a duplex.

That is the main reason why I prefer staying in cash.
Based on my location, RE is a better investment for me; rentals specifically.
I had a rental but sold it 10 years ago, and I'm sorry I did. But it was a small house on an acre of land and the taxes were too high.
One thing I learned from that experience is, NEVER have a small house on a LARGE lot (or a small house surrounded by multiple lots). The yard maintenance is a problem and so are the trees if it's a wooded area.
It's better to build units on the lots (I had 3) and rent as "living" space.
Today it's relatively cheap and easy to do because you can buy Pre-fab "little houses".

I'm hoping RE crashes ...
My guess is, a lot of shopping malls will shut down and be converted into living space.
Crashes always create opportunitie$.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Which Way is the Market Going to Go? Squeeze<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.