StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Weekend learning exercise and dicussion?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
sammyn
81 posts
msg #145399
Ignore sammyn
11/30/2018 5:16:20 PM

Came up with a wonky idea, don't know if it will go or not. Here goes. Here are 4 stocks. If you had to buy one, which would it be, and why?

Fetcher[apply to symlist(tap,ogs,ato,acia)
draw CCI(14) line at -100
]

I like the CCI indicator, so, I threw that on there.

Basically, I narrowed down all my pics today, to these 3 stocks. I only wanted to make 1 purchase, as this is a new strategy I'm working on.

I ended up purcahsing ato, as I liked that chart the best. However, I'm more than willing to listen to critique. Let me know your thoughts. What you like or don't like about them (or any of them, for any reason). I'd like to make this a learning experience.

thanks!

four
5,087 posts
msg #145400
Ignore four
modified
11/30/2018 6:53:19 PM

Questions
1. Take profit condition? price and quantity
2. Take loss condition? price and quantity
3. Average down condition? price and quantity
4. Average up condition? price and quantity
5. Do nothing condition.

four
5,087 posts
msg #145401
Ignore four
11/30/2018 7:09:47 PM

CCI
https://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:commodity_channel_index_cci

Please define "like".

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #145402
Ignore Mactheriverrat
11/30/2018 8:40:11 PM

OGS would be a good bet.
Long term Guppy Investors group has good strength.
Price near 52 week high.
Strong Bullish Candle on above average volume.

sammyn
81 posts
msg #145404
Ignore sammyn
11/30/2018 9:27:33 PM

Questions
1. Take profit condition? price and quantity
2. Take loss condition? price and quantity
3. Average down condition? price and quantity
4. Average up condition? price and quantity
5. Do nothing condition.

-----

Thanks four, for your questions.

Currently I trade by setting a stop based upon a previous swing low. If I don't get taken out, I convert the hard stop to a trailing stop. I do not average down or up. If I feel there has been some type of an explosive move, I will manually get out, or tighten the stop to take advantage of the move.

I'm still learning and defining my exit strategy. I feel this is the weakest part of my trading.

What I want, to do, is catch a stock in a trend change, or pull back in an upward trend. I like to use Guppy coupled with CCI. I'm looking for a solid and wide investor EMA band. I look those with the trader emas generally above the investor emas, but, have recently experienced a pullback with a deep CCI(14) < -100

Here is another view of ATO.

sammyn
81 posts
msg #145405
Ignore sammyn
12/1/2018 10:15:12 AM

Mac,
thanks for that view. I'm always amazed how someone else's chart, makes something look just a little different.

btw, I'd be also interested in hearing other view points. Even if you don't like any of these, simply because they don't fit your trading style. My thoughts are to learn, and understand different view points.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #145417
Ignore johnpaulca
12/2/2018 11:02:53 PM

huge amounts of stocks with double bottoms ready to breakout. I will choose KEYS(61.82) to trade. Take a look at this setup and tell me what you think. Would you have traded this using your setup?

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #145418
Ignore Mactheriverrat
12/2/2018 11:12:47 PM

Its a great setup to me. Market should be up this week and maybe for the rest of the month if Trump and XI can get the trade crap behind us. I'm watching LL and PTCT.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #145419
Ignore snappyfrog
12/2/2018 11:15:56 PM

As of today, TAP is the only one I would buy on Monday. The other 3 I am looking to fall the next 1-3 days at least.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #145420
Ignore johnpaulca
12/3/2018 12:17:56 AM

TAP...has a nice consolidation, who knows how long this continues. I would buy the retracement after the breakout. Will likely gap $2 on the breakout.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Weekend learning exercise and dicussion?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.