StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · StrataSearch --- Mind Blown!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up
mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #137321
Ignore mahkoh
8/3/2017 1:13:22 PM

I update my prices using the csv file from Stockfetcher. As long as you stay within 200 symbols it can be done in one run. Same for forex data from metatrader.

ferndave
65 posts
msg #137324
Ignore ferndave
8/3/2017 2:03:09 PM

mahkoh: I'd be very interested in learning how you do it. I've tried imports using other sources, not SF, and it never seemed to work right. The google issue has me rather frustrated.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #137328
Ignore mahkoh
8/3/2017 4:06:31 PM

It's pretty straightforward, I use this filter:

Fetcher[
watchlist(update)
add column open
add column high
add column low
add column close
add column volume
add column open 1 day ago
add column high 1 day ago
add column low 1 day ago
add column close 1 day ago
add column volume 1 day ago

]

I have an excel file that I can past this csv into with references so that I get the right columns to import. Also the correct date(s) are added in this file.
The result gets copied into a csv file and saved.

In Stratasearch go to import prices, select ASCII Format and for Symbol "From Field In File".

Adding yesterdays data ensures you get settled prices for the previous day, but be aware that you need to take care of weekends and market holidays.

Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #137330
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/3/2017 4:36:01 PM

Ok
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Mac%20OS%20X%20build%20instructions

ferndave
65 posts
msg #137333
Ignore ferndave
8/3/2017 5:06:53 PM

You don't need to compile a new version, just download an OS X host. https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Not sure if you're familiar with virtual machines. You're installing a program that acts as a wrapper/translator to a Windows installation. You still need a Windows installer and key. XP might even work. I used Win7.

Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #137334
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/3/2017 5:10:02 PM

OK
THANKS!!!!

ferndave
65 posts
msg #137355
Ignore ferndave
8/4/2017 12:44:16 PM

mahkoh: Thanks for the explanation.

I tried it, and after wrangling with the date column I got it to import into SS. What do you do about history? Is your excel file extremely long and you simply append each new day to it? Google still hasn't fixed the prices for 7/31 and I'm not sure how many more days I can manually input info for 20 tickers.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #137360
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/4/2017 2:25:51 PM

I am getting nightly imports from Google just fine (with a limited set of tickers). I also had issues with the 7/31 data, but they seem to have been resolved a few days ago.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #137362
Ignore mahkoh
8/4/2017 3:07:11 PM

I simply paste today's data over yesterday's and import. In Stratasearch make sure not to use "clear previous prices" and it will just add the new prices.

Also look under Setups -> Price and symbol setups for any red tickers, those have data issues. Delete that symbol, create a csv file from yahoo finance with the correct data, import prices and the issue will be solved. I have one folder dedicated for imports and use the same column layout for all data. Stratasearch remembers your last import setting so I only have to hit OK to start updating.

ferndave
65 posts
msg #137400
Ignore ferndave
8/6/2017 7:31:34 PM

@Kevin: Even tickers like SOXL/SOXS/DGAZ/UGAZ? I tried updating them tonight (8/6) and they are still missing 7/31.

@mahkoh: Hmm...Even if "Import Prices and Symbols" is checked, not those that clear data, only the latest import stays. For example: I deleted SOXL from Price and Symbol setups. I downloaded the last 5 years for SOXL from Yahoo. I cut out the most current month of data from the file and imported it. Worked great. I then imported the current month of data, and it cleared everything previous. I thought it would just tack-on the last month to the earlier the data. I even flipped the process with the same results, only the latest import stays. Puzzled to say the least.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · StrataSearch --- Mind Blown!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.