StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Looking for a strategy that fits my time frame<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #136922
Ignore Mactheriverrat
7/20/2017 9:12:02 PM

Interesting spauken
and interesting code.

ClayDavis68
8 posts
msg #136927
Ignore ClayDavis68
7/21/2017 12:14:35 AM

Wow. Ask and ye shall receive. Lots to research and think about. Thanks

spauken
47 posts
msg #136934
Ignore spauken
7/21/2017 9:25:58 AM

A little further explanation on executing my plan outlined above. I am slow to enter and to exit a trade, not necessarily doing so on the same day that the moving averages cross. Since these are low volatility stocks, they do not move too far too fast which allows me to wait for a pullback to enter and to wait a day or two to exit to eliminate and false crosses down. I also monitor the dividend record dates closely to make sure I don't exit a position a day or two or three before capturing the dividend.

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #136952
Ignore novacane32000
7/21/2017 9:05:13 PM

Spauken- How do I read the crossup column? What does a 1 mean as opposed to a 4 ?

spauken
47 posts
msg #136955
Ignore spauken
7/22/2017 8:57:26 AM

The crossup column is the number of times over the past year that the fast MA has crossed above the slow MA, or in other words, the number of long trades over the past year. It's also an indicator of trendiness of the ETF. Lower numbers are better as I want to be invested most of the time to collect dividends.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Looking for a strategy that fits my time frame<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.