pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #142591 - Remove message |
3/5/2018 2:47:25 PM
Thanks GMG. It may have been you that caught the last Micron weekly crossover. It was quite a run. i owed you one.
|
gmg733 788 posts msg #142593 - Remove message |
3/5/2018 3:08:30 PM
It was not me. I don't trade a lot of equities mainly options or futures. But I do on occasion. I'm long a few things. Shadowtrader guys recommended PAGS so I bought some. Recent IPO.
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #142602 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 9:51:40 AM
JP, if you will notice SPY hasnt broken 273.50. if it does, going higher.
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #142606 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 10:51:46 AM
indeed...imo the stock market has nothing to do with the economy. since the 08 crash, there is nowhere else to put money if you have it. that demand doesnt mean everything is great infrastructure wise. i still think we will have too few dollars chasing too many goods overall, creating stagnation.
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #142607 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 10:53:29 AM
you mean stagflation (:
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #142608 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 11:04:40 AM
JP, ha ha. indeed. my apologies...i was an economics major in undergrad but was reaching wayyy back to 1989 on that one.
|
johnpaulca 12,036 posts msg #142610 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 11:13:17 AM
No need to apologise...lol. Grad major in Chemistry, know very little in econ.
|
gmg733 788 posts msg #142612 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 11:39:38 AM
Anything is possible, but if SPX closes below 2550 on monthly basis (March 31st) I'll be leaning very heavy short /ES selling puts against that short
|
gmg733 788 posts msg #142613 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 11:46:14 AM
where is gold going JP? I'm thinking up. Probably test the BB40 center line and up and away
Thoughts?
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #142614 - Remove message |
3/6/2018 12:10:13 PM
JP--nice background. actually the periodic table is more interesting than the market most days. I have an MBA from Harvard Business School, but please dont assume that translates into monumental returns. i have taken my lumps--plus some of your best traders didn't finish high school. :)
|