StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help to create filter!<< >>Post Follow-up
Aadd
5 posts
msg #157801
Ignore Aadd
10/7/2021 1:29:19 AM

Hi all,

I need to create a filter that finds stocks formulate bottom above the previous bottom and price starts to bounce.

Thanks a lot

wantonellis
155 posts
msg #157811
Ignore wantonellis
modified
10/8/2021 6:35:39 AM

Fetcher[
/* example of price bouncing off a low in the last 5 days. This low is a 3 month low that occurred in the last 20 trading days. Adjust the numbers as you see fit */

count(low reached a new 3 month low,20) > 0
count(low reached a new three month low,5) equal 0
volume > 1000000
]

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157819
Ignore Cheese
10/8/2021 3:10:08 PM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/help-to-create-filter/157801
wantonellis modified 10/8/2021 6:35:39 AM
price bouncing in last 5 days off s a 3 month low that occurred in last 20 days
================================================================

Excellent filter.
THANK YOU, wantonellis.

Do you have any suggestions for picks that may have better upward traction than others ?

wantonellis
155 posts
msg #157820
Ignore wantonellis
10/8/2021 3:36:43 PM

Do you have any suggestions for picks that may have better upward traction than others ?

There's really no way of knowing the answer to that. You could add day change > 0 to the filter. At least you will know the price has begun to move up. For me, I would put a buy stop above the high and a sell stop below the low. If you get filled and the stock moves up track your stop loss up to lock in a gain. If you get filled and the stock doesn't go your way, you get stopped out with a small loss. For me that would be 1/4 of 1% (0.0025) of total capitol. Good luck.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157821
Ignore Cheese
10/8/2021 3:54:11 PM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/help-to-create-filter/157801
wantonellis 10/8/2021 3:36:43 PM

There's really no way of knowing the answer to that.
You could add day change > 0 to the filter.
At least you will know the price has begun to move up.
For me, I would put a buy stop above the high and a sell stop below the low.
If you get filled and the stock moves up track your stop loss up to lock in a gain.
If you get filled and the stock doesn't go your way, you get stopped out with a small loss.
For me that would be 1/4 of 1% (0.0025) of total capitol.
Good luck.
====================================================================

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, wantonellis !

Aadd
5 posts
msg #157917
Ignore Aadd
10/23/2021 4:29:20 PM

Thank you all for that

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help to create filter!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.