StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Why would SF have wrong stock price?<< >>Post Follow-up
pa247
143 posts
msg #148725
Ignore pa247
7/29/2019 8:57:34 PM

I get a nightly update for a couple of filters and SF has the price of synchrony financial incorrect.
The actual price is $36 something.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #148735
Ignore graftonian
7/30/2019 4:33:40 PM

Paula, Yahoo also shows SYF trading 36M shares in a narrow range around 10.50.Go figure!

bgouirand
1 posts
msg #148879
Ignore bgouirand
8/14/2019 7:07:05 AM

Hi All, I'm fairly new to SF and was wondering why when I click the back button to run my filter several days back I get a message stating "No stocks match your filter." But then when I click the here to learn why it shows that there should be 3 (or whatever number) that indeed meet the filter criteria. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

four
5,087 posts
msg #148882
Ignore four
modified
8/14/2019 9:09:12 AM

bgouirand,

Let's say you run a filter at 2:31 PM yesterday that requests "close crossed above ma(20)" and XYZ stock shows. This occurs yesterday at 2:31 PM -- it does not occur at the end of the day. Since StockFetcher is going to only see the close of yesterday... it won't show on a historical scan.

StockFetcher is not real-time. AND it is only going to remember the closing price for each day.

four
5,087 posts
msg #148883
Ignore four
modified
8/14/2019 9:11:13 AM

pa,

EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data

StockFetcher data is only as good as the data they receive from their data sources. Same for Yahoo.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Why would SF have wrong stock price?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.