StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Should be so simple<< >>Post Follow-up
dltharpe
10 posts
msg #148954
Ignore dltharpe
8/19/2019 10:46:21 PM

I'm trying to write a filter where the close is above MA(4) for multiple days, this should be bullish, right. but when I run it I get a good number of results appear, and they are >80% bearish and the highs are below ma(4) but that isn't true for all of them. occasionally a high/close will be above MA4 but not the close
I do want to write the bearish version of this too.
Show stocks where close 4 days ago is above MA(4)
and close 3 days ago is above MA(4)
and close 2 days ago is above MA(4)
and close is above MA(4)
Ideally what I'd like to do is have MA cross above ma9 within the past several days but since then, all closes are above ma4's.
Any ideas?

xarlor
562 posts
msg #148955
Ignore xarlor
8/19/2019 11:33:13 PM

Something simple to get you started

Fetcher[
ma(4) 5 days ago crossed above ma(9) 5 days ago
close > ma(4) for the last 4 days
]

dltharpe
10 posts
msg #148976
Ignore dltharpe
8/21/2019 10:44:04 PM

Thanks that seems to work, I'll play with it.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Should be so simple<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.