StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Only The Geniuses<< >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #157654
Ignore shillllihs
9/24/2021 4:14:17 PM

So if you have a daily system & indicator is touched mid day, what do you feel makes the most money.
Assuming you are getting in and out of a position do you,

A. Switch in or out before day is up

B. Get out of trade and wait till end of day

C. Ride out your loss & switch end of day.

xarlor
561 posts
msg #157656
Ignore xarlor
9/24/2021 5:50:04 PM

I wouldn't call myself a genius, but I'll toss in an answer from back here in the peanut gallery.

If your system and back-testing is based on close-of-day, then you can't make up new rules on the fly. You make your trades on the close of the day. Otherwise, you're no longer playing your system.

Think of a system that's based on weekly charts. If Tuesday you got a "get out" signal, but your back-testing is based on the close of each Friday, would you get out? The answer should be no. You ignore the in-between times and take action on your system's closing period.

The same applies no matter what time frame you're using.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #157664
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/24/2021 9:12:04 PM

Now if markets are up , you might see a rebound
if markets are red , cut your loss and move on.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #157667
Ignore shillllihs
9/24/2021 9:28:07 PM

The 2 geniuses have spoken. I figured that’s the best thing to do but when things get really stupid it’s like being submerged under water for 6 hours. This is my flaw, I’ll try to hang on. Thanx guys.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #157668
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
9/24/2021 9:54:00 PM

@shillihs
Your a geniuses too Brother .
You have created that successful TQQQ system over on C2.

Not every trade will go ones way. Live and learn I say!

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #157670
Ignore shillllihs
9/25/2021 12:39:31 AM

Thank you Mac, I appreciate it!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Only The Geniuses<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.