StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · No Peeps on NYSE Trading Floor<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151356
Ignore karennma
3/22/2020 8:32:59 AM

"NYSE to temporarily close floor, move to electronic trading after positive coronavirus tests" ...

CLICK here

This is just business as usual.
A lot of peeps don't know that there are very few actual "bodies" on the trading floor.
It's been that way for years.
The few fossils that are left will have to stay home ... as they should!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151366
Ignore karennma
3/22/2020 7:43:14 PM

Staying home is gonna be a weird experience for peeps who are used to working on the floor EARLY AM.

ANYONE wanna bet, we have a trading halt tomorrow?
(NO MONEY! I mean that figuratively.)
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151372
Ignore karennma
3/22/2020 9:21:30 PM

All hell just broke loose ...
lock limit down tomorrow

svtsnakebitn
150 posts
msg #151373
Ignore svtsnakebitn
3/22/2020 9:35:29 PM

wonder if we hit the 13% limit tomorrow with the coronavirus bill stuck in the senate squabble

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151383
Ignore karennma
3/23/2020 8:26:20 AM

@ snakebitn,
I just looked at my watchlist and they're all UP .. massively!
Futures up 700 ...
Totally contrary to all the bad news ...

The futures were down 700 last nite.
THAT was prolly a reaction to the news .. in realtime.
Everything is happening so fast, any news in the PM will affect PM pre-market, but not necessarily AM pre-market.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151384
Ignore karennma
3/23/2020 8:40:51 AM

Everything happening Fast, fast, fast ....
"The Federal Reserve announced Monday morning that it was committing to buying unlimited amounts of bonds to counter the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. "

CLICK here

svtsnakebitn
150 posts
msg #151385
Ignore svtsnakebitn
3/23/2020 8:45:58 AM

soooo should I have kept my TMF shares?

marine2
963 posts
msg #151401
Ignore marine2
modified
3/23/2020 11:53:29 PM

Great to see the government step in and help the bond market keep their values up. People have been leaving equities and using fixed income as the safety net. But, then the bonds got hit and people began in droves leaving the fixed market into money market accounts. The investment houses must have sent their warning flags up and the government saw them. Let’s hope it helps.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · No Peeps on NYSE Trading Floor<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.