StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · In the spirit of sharing ... I'm A Strong Believer In using WATCHLISTS<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #147457
Ignore SFMc01
4/19/2019 2:39:44 PM

I'm A Strong Believer In using WATCHLISTS. Consequently, I create watchlists where I'm attempting to utilize the thinking of folks smarter than I am. Every day (or night) I create watchlists using Investors Business Daily, Zacks and ValueLine. I also have some of my own like Electric Utilities. Also I have developed some strategies based on the creativity of certain StockFetcher subscribers and maybe adding some thoughts of my own. I probably have developed over 200 strategies and use 10 or more each day applying them to my WatchLists. Following is a simple one which I trade every day but only with my watchlists:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WATCHLIST(ValueLine1,ZacksStrongBuy,IBDTop200,ELECTRIC)
set{Shadow, day point range / opcl}
Shadow above 1
OPEN 2 DAY AGO BELOW EMA(100)
CLOSE 2 DAY AGO ABOVE EMA(100)
low is below ema(100)
close is above ema(100)
close ABOVE 10
volume is above 50000
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Then I utilize the following rules:
...Buy at the Open
...Sell immediately during the day if it hits 2% profit
...Sell at the end of the first profitable day ... even if only a tiny profit (I trade using margin)
I build these rules into an automated strategy which I have coded with "EasyLanguage" utilizing TradeStation as my broker. "Most" of the time I'm out in one to two days. Some days, no stocks are selected and that's why I use a bunch of strategies.

I hope sharing this approach is helpful.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · In the spirit of sharing ... I'm A Strong Believer In using WATCHLISTS<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.