StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to accomodate multiple time frames in a scan and help coding it<< >>Post Follow-up
smartguy
47 posts
msg #146402
Ignore smartguy
2/2/2019 3:53:20 PM

I would like to reverse engineer a scan I saw that seemed to be pretty effective for doing credit spreads. I would like to identify optionable stocks and ETF's that have a Monthly price greater then a simple 10 period moving average of the monthly price. The second aspect is to then identify the stocks and ETF's that are close to the lower Daily Keltner Channel line or at least below the midpoint line of the Daily Keltner Channel (preferably heading upwards after being lower). Is this possible to scan for with StockFetcher? The reverse would also be for credit spreads in the opposite direction. This gives a pretty favorable risk since you already can be profitable even if the stock or ETF go in your direction, stays flat, or even moves a bit against you.

In simple terms, Looks for an instrument in an established up (or down) trend with the Monthly and identifies the pullback with the Daily Keltner Channel. Any and all thoughts are appreciated, and ALL coding help is GREATLY appreciated.

Lastly, I would like to identify the top most active 150-200 options on stocks and ETFs and plug them in to the scan as the only instruments to use. I found Barcharts.com to have a useful daily list for stocks ( https://www.barchart.com/options/most-active/stocks ) and ETF's ( https://www.barchart.com/options/most-active/etfs ). I just need to watch for a few weeks to find the top 150-200 that are on these lists every day to pluck out the one day wonders.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

smartguy
47 posts
msg #146448
Ignore smartguy
2/5/2019 11:43:42 AM

Can someone tell me if combining a monthly and a daily in a scan is possible with Stock Fetcher? How do I code for a monthly indicator- what is syntax? Thanks

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #146450
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/5/2019 12:10:08 PM

Far as I know SF is only daily and weekly.

smartguy
47 posts
msg #146451
Ignore smartguy
modified
2/5/2019 12:24:37 PM

Mactheriverrat- Thank you for the followup.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to accomodate multiple time frames in a scan and help coding it<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.