StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · value above or below slope. Help.<< >>Post Follow-up
dleather25
39 posts
msg #159436
Ignore dleather25
8/12/2022 2:02:12 AM

I am trying to figure out a way to narrow down stock selections by eliminating stocks that are trading above or below (1 of the 2 depending on the filter I have) 60 day slope of close. honestly you could substitute close for just about any indicator aka cci is below 60 day slope of cci etc. but I can't seem to spark my brain to be able to figure it out. Is this possible? I tried to create a cma for slope but this one has me stumped for some reason. Thanks in advance.

xarlor
561 posts
msg #159441
Ignore xarlor
8/12/2022 11:25:12 AM

I can give you a solution for the slope of close, but I have not looked into slope of [any other indicator].

I'll bring to your attention that the Center Linear Regression Line for a 60-day period is the same as 60 day slope of close. However, the CLR value is in the stock's price as opposed to the slope's value, which is a ratio. This then makes it easy to determine if the stock is above or below that line.

Fetcher[
chart-time is 60 days
close < Center Linear Regression Line(60,1)

do not draw Center Linear Regression Line(60,1)
draw 60 day slope of close
]

Fetcher[
chart-time is 60 days
close > Center Linear Regression Line(60,1.0)

do not draw Center Linear Regression Line(60,1.0)
]

dleather25
39 posts
msg #159446
Ignore dleather25
8/12/2022 2:31:59 PM

Beautiful!! Thank you! I appreciate you. I love playing with stockfetcher, I am on a quest to find and create one of the most accurate short term filters to find bottoms and return 20-50% gains in as little as 1 day to a max of 20 days (1 month) I feel as if I am on the verge of something special. I'm sure with all of your experience at coding as I've seen your posts and coding many many times you have also developed many special filters yourself. Cheers to the path to financial freedom.

dleather25
39 posts
msg #159447
Ignore dleather25
8/12/2022 4:13:26 PM

Here is an example of something I drew the 60 day slope of that I would like to filter to find where the value of avmcd is below the 60 day slope of avmcd. There may have been an easier way to find the difference between the macd fast and slow lines but this is my version that I came up with on my own. Could the Center Regression Line be used here as well or would there need to be a work around.

set{mcdfl, MACD Fast Line(12,26,9)}
set{mcdsl, MACD Slow Line(12,26,9)}
set{dmcddiff, mcdsl-mcdfl}
draw dmcddiff
set{avmcd, ABS(dmcddiff)}
add column avmcd
draw avmcd
draw 60 day slope of avmcd

xarlor
561 posts
msg #159448
Ignore xarlor
8/12/2022 5:50:31 PM

Yep, just copy pasta right on top.

Fetcher[
chart-time is 60 days

draw dmcddiff
add column avmcd
draw avmcd
]

redversa721
157 posts
msg #159457
Ignore redversa721
modified
8/13/2022 4:16:02 PM

I did a slight modification to catch the risers a little early
Fetcher[
/* added first 2 lines to remove OTC's and small /micro caps */
Average Volume(30) > 200000
close > 3
/* added this to test stock in not a new pump and dump */
close 500 days ago > 0.3
chart-time is 60 days
/* catching when close goes above the CLR line *, you can change it to 1 day */
close crossed above Center Linear Regression Line(60,1.0) in last 2 days

draw dmcddiff
add column avmcd
draw avmcd
]

quick check found out that buying on open on an upward trending 60 day close line , shows pretty good results. 5-10% on avg. again I only spot checked. YMMV. I use something similar to buy options

dleather25
39 posts
msg #159458
Ignore dleather25
modified
8/13/2022 7:31:50 PM

Fetcher[ close > Center Linear Regression Line(60,1.0)
rsi(2) < 30
volume > 100000
draw dmcddiff
add column avmcd
draw avmcd
market is not otcbb
set{volumeC, count(volume < 5000, 252)}
add column volumeC
volumeC < 50
close < 25
close is less than 5 percent above low 1 month low
avmcd < Center Linear Regression Line(60,1.0)

/* here is more of what I am trying to do is find avmcd below the center linear regression line or it's 60 day slope I guess I could do avmcd reached a new 30 day low within the last 10 days but if I could figure this out it could be applied to other values as well */
]

Another example I could use the Accumulation Distribution slope for the last 60 days and if the accumulation is above that or below that.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · value above or below slope. Help.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.