StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for swing trade filter.<< >>Post Follow-up
parkcheil
3 posts
msg #150100
Ignore parkcheil
modified
1/3/2020 5:59:10 PM

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #150114
Ignore snappyfrog
1/5/2020 7:15:54 AM

These forums are full of swing trade filters.....

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #150116
Ignore JoeyVinyl
1/5/2020 2:03:14 PM

First, just a simple forum search for "swing trade filter" will bring up lots of posts with ideas and information. I'm not saying this to be rude, but there's over 15 years worth of ideas here in these forums and it might help you to have searched them before asking for help.

Second, what exactly are you looking for? Long trades? Short trades? What time frame? Day trading? How long do you want to hold a position? One day? A week? A month? Do you want a filter that gives you entry and exit points or do you want to make your own? Are you looking for penny stocks? Small cap? Mid cap? Blue chips? Are you looking for any particular sector?

Basically what I'm saying is that no one here can be of much help without knowing more about what your trading strategy is or what your needs are.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #150119
Ignore shillllihs
modified
1/5/2020 2:53:58 PM

Tons of great swing trade systems, just start from the last page and go down the list.
Though I've been here for years, I just started doing this yesterday and there are a lot of great ones.
But the caveat is how do they perform in a bear environment. I love to search 1 day performance, then a week, a month, 3 months 6 months and finally the most important of all is what happened during the downturn of Oct 2018. That's the biggest test. Unless you have great exit strategy and instinct, they are all trash. You can undo everything in a few weeks of a bad streak. I'd like to see more systems that don't produce any hits or go inverse etf under prolonged bear conditions. Finally ETFs are the way to go imo.
Just want to add that most any system that I follow should include bollinger bands(20) with good entry exits strategies. Bollinger is my number1 go to.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #150134
Ignore snappyfrog
1/5/2020 11:12:25 PM

shilllihs,
You are right that there are many great ideas in these forums. One must not take them for face value, but get ideas, coding ideas and then make them fit your own trading style.

If a filter does well in this 10 year bullish market, one can and should look to reverse it to see how it reacts in a down market like the fall of 2018. Some work, some don't.

We all need to be able to scan in up, down and sideways markets. We also need to be prepared to buy, short, buy / sell options and ETFs.

Then we are never out of the market.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for swing trade filter.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.