StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · EXIT STRATEGY<< >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #157468
Ignore shillllihs
modified
8/29/2021 3:08:01 PM

In my opinion, entries are extremely ez but exits at ultimate levels are not. Posters on SF. are either extremely deficient in this area or it’s just not very ez to achieve. We have the ma & ema crossovers but there has to be more. Maybe little tricks that others have not seen or thought of. Sometimes candle patterns and bands work while other times they don’t. I’m just not satisfied with ma’s that give back big chunks on the way out. A big part of the problem is at the top you are in no man’s land and there is no precedent. Good luck and get going.

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #157474
Ignore shillllihs
modified
8/30/2021 3:48:58 AM

This will be the final lesson I give here as you guys just don’t get it.
Even Kevin albeit unsuccessful & the most egotistical character understood this concept.
You want to mostly play ETFs not stocks for the sheer reason that they are diversified and you want to create a system with clearly defined entries and exits. Playing individual stocks can and will eventually be devastating. The other thing is ma ema Bollinger Williams etc. have already been created so your mission here should be to get creative and either create your own indicators or use these existing indicators in a most unique and spectacular way. My God Already.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157475
Ignore redversa721
8/30/2021 4:20:47 AM

Any suggestion ?? Would be interesting to know how you approach this. I see you are quite versed in this area and have been here for quite a long time.

I have mostly been using trailing stops for my long term passive investing, so far so good. But like you mentioned sometimes i lose a huge chunk when there are whipsaws.

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #157476
Ignore shillllihs
8/30/2021 5:34:53 AM

My approach has been to play ETFs using ma ema etc. combined with bb acc keltner bands and candlestick patterns. I would also combine random filters that also help with entry and exits creating a matrix sort of speak. Cci is also used. Like I said entries are ez but exits are not. I could have caught tqqq at its low this week but I was involved in a another system that had returned 55% in 3 months that just didn’t click this time. I use most of the existing indicators but in a creative fashion. I have no problem making great returns but searching for better. I mean, all these people showing how they made money on 1 stock is ridiculous, so if you’re intelligent you are not going all in on 1 stock so you are making pennies instead. I shouldn’t even be sharing this as they are my competition but oh well.

styliten
278 posts
msg #157478
Ignore styliten
8/30/2021 9:25:49 AM

The question is: could you show what the specific entry point & exit strategy would be using DOW 30 or NASDAQ 100 or symlist(mrna, bntx, zim, sava) as illustrations?

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #157527
Ignore shillllihs
9/9/2021 11:23:36 AM

Hi, yes I could but I choose not to.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · EXIT STRATEGY<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.