StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Slope of ...<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #26934
6/18/2003 4:21:46 PM

The slope of... feature allows you to search for stocks where a measure or indicator has trended up or down over a particular period of time. Here is an example where the slope of the closing prices is computed:

Fetcher[Show stocks where the 50 day slope of the close is above 1.0]

A sample chart:

Some information about the slope of ... feature:

• The length of time used for computing the slope is variable depending on the length of the trend that is needed.

• Any measure may be used as input. For example:

Fetcher[show stocks where the 25 day slope of the RSI(15) is below -0.50]

• Values above 0 indicate an uptrending measure. Positive values above 1.0 indicate the measure has effectively doubled from start to the end.

• Values below 0 indicate a measure which is trending down.

• Values near 0 mean that the measure is moving horizontally. This does not mean the values didn't move up or down during the specified time interval, just that the start point is near the end point.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or comments about this new feature.

StockFetcher.com Support

• defghca
    150 posts
    msg #26942
    Ignore defghca
    6/19/2003 8:14:28 AM

you have outdone yourself, thanks
    i remember a request by jc hill 6.8.2003 titled "action function for peak.."
    the function is basically trying to find the local minima/maxima of a function
    so basically a function where the slope of the function goes through -and+ slope
    so
    Fetcher[Show stocks where the 3 day slope of the rsi is below -.5 2 day ago and rsi is increasing and close is above .5]

should return stocks that have been decreasing until 2 days and turned around and start increasing again

but the filter does not to the "2 day ago"
    2day ago,4day agoor 6day ago return the same list
    is "rsi below -.5 2 day ago" correct syntax to return results 2 days ago??

dmindy
    42 posts
    msg #26958
    Ignore dmindy
    6/20/2003 2:06:26 AM

Yeah I was trying to do days ago as well.

No luck with lag either.

Is this possible?

defghca
    150 posts
    msg #26977
    Ignore defghca
    6/21/2003 5:26:58 PM

your new feature has a bug???
    Fetcher[Show stocks where the 3 day slope of the rsi 15 days ago is below -.5]

ig0r
    51 posts
    msg #26978
    Ignore ig0r
    6/21/2003 5:49:47 PM

looks fine to me def

jim_c_hill
    61 posts
    msg #26984
    Ignore jim_c_hill
    6/22/2003 12:02:25 PM

This new function has interesting possibilities for scanning stocks. I decided to add one feature to the first one posted: and rsi(15) has crossed above 30. I also experimented with price range and found that stocks between 1 and 10 did not perform as well as stocks between 10 and 30, contrary to many other filters I have investigated. The following seems to work well in up markets and gives decent results in many, but not all, down markets. [How does one get this to show as stockfetcher filter so others can click on it in this forum?]

show stocks where the 25 day slope of the RSI(15) is below -0.50 and rsi(15) has crossed above 30 and price is between 10 and 30

It essentially finds stocks whose rsi is trending downward and then makes an upward move across a key rsi target. Many people like to look for rsi crossing 30 as the first indicator for a possible up move. Of course, it has to eventually pass 50 to be a significant long term upmove. I have not played with the parameters yet, so the length of rsi, the value of the slope, etc. could be looked at further.

It may be that a shorter time average frame and shorter rsi value may favor lower priced stocks.
    Jim

ig0r
    51 posts
    msg #26986
    Ignore ig0r
    6/22/2003 12:41:29 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where the 25 day slope of the RSI(15) is below -0.50 and rsi(15) has crossed above 30 and price is between 10 and 30 ]

defghca
    150 posts
    msg #26987
    Ignore defghca
    6/22/2003 1:07:05 PM

igor
    i am tryingto get the slope 15 days before; look where the slope is drawn in the indicator pane!!!

ig0r
    51 posts
    msg #26988
    Ignore ig0r
    6/22/2003 1:38:45 PM

oh, well i guess you're right about the actual slope being drawn wrong, but it finds stuff with that slope 15 days ago, its just a visual bug, i see though

ig0r
    51 posts
    msg #26989
    Ignore ig0r
    6/22/2003 1:41:12 PM

Fetcher[Show stocks where the 3 day slope of the rsi is below -.5 and date offset is 15]

, just rewrite it using a date offset instead of an offset for the rsi and it works

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Slope of ...<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
    EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.